Scammer Working West St. Louis, Robbing Eldery Homeowners
(KTVI) – Detectives from the St. Louis Police department to residents in the west side of the city to be on the lookout for scammers trying to take advantage of elderly residents. Detectives say a group of people are knocking on doors, identifying themselves as utility workers, construction workers or real estate brokers.
They draw the homeowner outside to distract them while another thief sneaks inside to steal jewelry or money.
The group was successful in Princeton Heights, but their attempt in Dogtown was not.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media