Your View: Crystal City Underground
CRYSTAL CITY, MO. (KTVI) – I asked what important stories you wanted to see on the 10 PM News Edge, and tonight, we covered one. A viewer asked us to look into what could one day become a major development in the Festus area; the Crystal City Underground. Its 200 acres of cave space inside the bluffs that overlook the Mississippi River.
Tom Kerr bought the cave several years ago and models his $100-million dollar project after the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. It has a bar, disc golf, sand volleyball, laser tag and a barge ride on the 150 acre lake inside the cave. He hopes to expand and create jobs and revenue for the community.
It’s a little tough to get to right now, but he’s working to create better road access. Kerr says right now it isn’t about the money though, it’s about the community.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media