Cardinals Packing Up For Spring Training
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The “Boys are Summer” are getting ready to head south for the Winter.
With snow on the ground and a chill in the area, here’s a warm thought: Spring Training. The Cardinals will begin packing up equipment headed for Florida on Monday.
Pitchers and catchers report on February 12 and their first workout is on the 13th. The remainder of the Cardinals’ players are scheduled to report on February 15 with their first workout on the 16th.
This coming Spring marks the 16th year that the Cardinals will train at Roger Dean stadium. The Cardinals grapefruit league schedule features 16 home dates and 16 road games including four as the visiting team against the Marlins, giving them 20 total games at Roger Dean Stadium.
The Cardinals and Marlins will play eight Spring games including a match-up on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17.
On Thursday, March 7, the New York Yankees will make their first visit to play the Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium since 2006 and the Cardinals will travel to meet the Yankees at Steinbrenner Field In Tampa on March 11.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash