Former GOP Leader Tweets Controversial Trayvon Martin Statement
Image courtesy of the Huffington Post
(KTVI) – A former South Carolina Republican leader has come under fire after a Super Bowl tweet caused an online uproar.
Tim Kincannon, former executive director of the South Carolina GOP, tweeted about Trayvon Martin during the Super Bowl.
Kincannon’s tweet suggested that the game was boring and commented so by comparing it to Travon Martin performing a sex act. Read his original tweet here.
The Huffington Post reported Kincannon says the tweet was nothing short of satire and how politicized the case has become.
Kincannon’s tweets didn’t stop there. He later posted on Monday comparing Martin to the Columbine shooters.
Kincannon isn’t a stranger to posting provocative statements on Twitter.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims