Crash Kills One In North St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - One person is dead and two others were injured after an early-morning crash in North St. Louis.
Investigators are still trying to piece together a lot of details and are looking for any witnesses who might have seen what took place.
The accident happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday at 20th and Cass Avenue. The accident involved two cars. Authorities have not released specifics about the vehicles but say both cars were westbound on Cass when one of the cars hit the other one.
The first car that caused the crash then ran off the road, hit a light pole and then a fire hydrant. The driver in that car was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were two people in the other car. They were both taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Accident reconstruction crews have been called in to investigate. At this point, police have not released any information about the person who was killed or those who were hurt.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Troy, MO police searching for missing middle school students
- Man charged after making threatening phone call to Granite City school