Cardinals, Freese Agree To One Year Contract
(KTVI)-The St. Louis Cardinals announced Friday afternoon that they have agreed to a one year contract with third baseman David Freese, avoiding salary arbitration. Freese, 29, is a fan favorite and St. Louis native. He played in a career-best 144 games in 2012, batting .293.
Freese had filed last month for a salary of $3.75 million. The Cardinals had countered with a $2.4 million offer. The final figure likely falls around the midpoint of the two.
It is the 14th straight year that the Cardinals have resolved their arbitration cases without needing to advance to a hearing.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man charged after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon