JENNINGS, MO (KTVI) – Windy conditions early Monday morning proved troubling for firefighters trying to save a home in Jennings.
The fire started about 2:30am Monday at a one-story home in the 5600 block of Jennings Station Road. There’s not very much left.
A passerby noticed smoke coming from the house and called 911. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the house.
The woman who lived there escaped with only minor injuries.
The front of the house was badly burned.
Firefighters say a space heater is blamed for starting the blaze.