Boone Bridge Blasting Starts Again On Thurs. Feb. 21st
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Traffic on I-64 will slow and intermittently stop starting on Tuesday February 19th for rock blasting. The first blast will be on February 21st. Traffic will slow and could potentially stop weekdays at 2pm for up to one month. MODOT says blasting could happen every week day while they work on the area.
The Missouri Department of Transportation says the blasting work is necessary to connect to the Katy Trail in St. Charles County.
Eastbound traffic will slow at the Route 94 interchange. Westbound traffic will slow at the Boone’s Crossing interchange. E
Construction of the new I-64 Daniel Boone Bridge began in January and should be open to traffic in 2014.
More info: www.modot.org/boonebridge
See video of the Blanchette bridge blast:
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search