Valentine’s Day Stabbing Leads To High Speed Chase
Updates: The woman has been treated at a St. Louis hospital. She had an order of protection against the suspect.
SWANSEA, IL. (KTVI) – A suspect in a stabbing led Swansea police officers on a high speed chase that ended on I-64 Thursday.
Police said the suspect stabbed a woman at an Illinois eye clinic. The woman is an employee at Illinois Eye Surgeons. The stabbing happened in the parking lot of the eye clinic. She had a protection order against the suspect.
The suspect fled the scene and officers spotted him on Old Collinsville Road. They said at one point the suspect was traveling at a speed of 100 miles per hour.
The suspect was treated for a minor injury after giving up during the high speed chase.
The female stabbing victim has had surgery at hospital in St. Louis. Her condition has not been released.
Police are still investigating the case.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media