Driver Rescued From River Near West Alton
WEST ALTON, MO (KTVI) – There was a daring river rescue in West Alton near the Clark Bridge Friday night. Police say a woman drove her car into the Mississippi River in the Lincoln Shields Recreation Area. Around 9:30pm, a corporal with the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department in the area saw a car heading straight for the frigid water. He went in after it and rescued the driver.
Both the woman and corporal are okay. Police say the woman may have been suicidal. She went to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media