One Injured After Serious Accident On I-55 Near Festus
(KTVI) – One person is injured after a serious accident along Interstate 55 near Festus in Jefferson County Friday morning.
Authorities said a Dodge Ram attempted to change lanes. The rear passenger side struck the front driver side of a Pontiac Grand Prix. The Dodge Ram overturned coming to rest right side up. The Grand Prix went off the left side of the roadway and struck the concrete median where it came to rest.
The 29-year-old driver of the truck was taken to a local hospital in serious condition. He was not wearing a seat belt.
The northbound lanes of I-55 were completely closed for several hours but have since re-opened.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota