Billikens Win 7th Straight Game, 76-58 over Charlotte
The Billikens mens basketball team continues to stay red hot, winning their seventh straight game, 76-58 over Charlotte on Saturday night before a sold out crowd at Chaifetz Arena. The Billikens won this game with their bench. Three SLU players came off the bench and scored 47 points to lead the team’s offense. Their opponent, Charlotte’s bench could only supply 17 points. Cody Ellis led the Billikens with 18 points, while Jordair Jett scored 16 and Jake Barnett added 13 points. Dwayne Evans, one of the Billikens starters also scored in double figures with 11 points.
The win improves Saint Louis University’s season record to 19-5 and their Atlantic 10 Conference record to 8-2. The Billikens will host first place VCU this coming Tuesday in a showdown for the Atlantic 10 Conference lead.
Here are post game bites after the Billikens win over Charlotte, talking about the bench’s success in the victory.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media