Blues Win Third Straight, 4-3 in a Shootout at Vancouver
The Blues completed their three game road trip on Sunday night in fantastic fashion, getting a 4-3 win in a shootout in Vancouver. The victory gives the Blues a perfect 3 and 0 road trip. Rookie goalie Jake Allen got his third straight start for the Blues and again came up big, stopping 28 of 31 shots ans both shots he faced in the shootout. The Blues won the shootout 2-0 on goals from T.J. Oshie and Andy McDonald. In the regulation game, after falling behind 1-0, Oshie scored his 5th goal of the season to tie the game at one. Andy McDonald then scored in the second period to tie the game at 2-2. Patrik Berglund deflected in Vladimir Sobotka’s shot in the third period to give St. Louis a 3-2 lead. But Vancouver got the game tieing goal from Mason Raymond with just under two minutes to play in the game. After a scoreless five minute overtime, Oshie and McDonald scored in the Shootout, while Allen stopped both Canucks shots to give the Blues the Shootout victory.
Saint Louis returns home to play the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday night at Scottrade Center.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight