Ameren Working To Keep Power Up In The Region
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The winter storm of 2006 cut power to half a million people in Missouri and Illinois. utilities have been preparing for a quick response. Power lines could snap depending on the amount of ice we get with this storm.
“We prepared yesterday for this incoming storm. We had to talk to the men and have them prepare by bringing clothes. They actually packed for five days in case this storm goes on or in case we need to go assist in another area.” said Kevin Anders of Ameren-Missouri.
Electric companies on both sides of the river say they’re ready when this storm takes down any power lines.
Officials at Ameren Illinois say it you see a downed power line or wire, stay away from it and call 9-11 or Ameren Illinois customer service.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media