Archdiocese Hosts Thanksgiving Mass For Pope Benedict
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– Catholics are offering prayers of Thanksgiving for Pope Benedict as he approaches his retirement at the end of the month. On Friday, the Archdiocese of St. Louis conducted a Mass of Thanksgiving at the Cathedral Basilica.
Archbishop Robert Carlson led the worshipers. In his homily, he praised the Pontiff for giving the church a rich treasure in the form of his many writings.
The special mass also celebrated the annual feast day that commemorates the role of the pope as the head of the church, known as the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter the Apostle.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead