Blues Re-Assign Goalie Allen To Peoria
(KTVI)-The St. Louis Blues assigned goaltender Jake Allen back to their AHL affiliate Peoria Rivermen Thursday. Allen, 22, appeared in five games for the Blues, starting four, and ended his stint with a 3-1-0 record. He was the first Blues rookie since Reinhard Divis (2002-2004) to win each of his first three NHL decisions.
Allen was drafted by the Blues in the second round (34th overall) of the 2008 Entry Draft.
Allen was initially called up when Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak suffered a groin injury. Halak returned to the line up Feb. 17, 2013. The rookie began to start games when back-up goalie Brian Elliot began struggling.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media