Natural Gas Main Ruptured By Construction Crews In Edwardsville
EDWARDSVILLE, IL (KTVI) – Construction crews hit a natural gas main when they were relocating cable and telephone wire. Edwardsville fire officials believe that a 1″ main has been hit at the 1100 block of Main Street.
An Edwardsville resident says that a six unit apartment building has been evacuated. Fire officials are unaware of any evacuations at this time.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it comes in.
- Official: Company In Kansas City Explosion Lacked Work Permit
- Raw Video – Kansas City Explosion
- Body Found In Search for Missing Woman in KC Explosion
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon