“Eye Glass Bandit” Sentenced To 14 Years In Prison
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – A woman was sentenced to 14 years in prison this week for stealing several pairs of eye glass frames.
Marikay Roberts stole nine frames from the Eye Bar and Eye Roc Eyewear in Sept. of 2012, according to prosecutors.
Cecelia Gutierrez is the manager at Eye Roc Eyewear.
“She just came in with two people to distract us and started stealing the frames,” Gutierrez said. “It was so crazy.”
After that Roberts went to the Eye Bar and stole a $300 pair of Chanel frames, according to prosecutors.
The store manager said she saw Roberts steal the frames and followed her out to a car and wrote down the license plate number.
Roberts was arrested shortly after.
Prosecutors were seeking a 15 year sentence.
“14 years she will be in prison,” Gutierrez said. “She just should not have done it.”
Prosecutors said she was a “lifetime thief.” They added that Roberts has a drug problem.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media