Illinois Lawmakers Tackle Conceal and Carry Laws
SPRINGFIELD, IL (KTVI) – Illinois lawmakers are tackling “conceal and carry” gun laws. Starting Tuesday, the Illinois House will break down the issue into more than two dozen votes.
One measure would require Illinois to issue conceal-carry permits to anyone who meets specific criteria.
Another bill would allow local law enforcement the final say. The state has been ordered by the federal courts to adopt a conceal and carry law by June.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota