Specially Trained Diabetes Dog
(KTVI) – You grow up with many responsibilities when you have Type 1 Diabetes. You need to carefully balance insulin shots with what you eat. You also need to test your blood sugar six times or more a day by pricking your finger.
So having a backup system to avoid a diabetic seizure is a good idea. That’s where Nibmus comes in. He’s a diabetic alert dog. Lisa Mayer trained him and talks about what he can do.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media