Maryville Police Hope ATV Leads To Arrest In Bank Robbery
MARYVILLE, IL (KTVI)– Police hope a picture of an ATV leads them to a suspect in a bank robbery.
According to the Maryville Police Department, an unknown male suspect approached two bank tellers who were servicing the parking lot ATM at the First Collinsville bank located at 2729 Maryville Road around 10:20 a.m. Friday.
The suspect was driving an unknown make ATV side by side utility vehicle. The suspect told the bank tellers to move out of the way. He then removed canisters containing an undisclosed amount of money and fled on the ATV. No weapon was displayed.
The suspect is described as 5’8” to 5’10” wearing camouflaged clothing and goggles.
The vehicle was black or grey with a diamond plating on the rear bed, Manley stickers on the hood and right front fender, and Power Force and in memory of Mike Meurer stickers on the left side of the vehicle.
The suspect was seen by witnesses driving the ATV on Formosa north of W. Kirsch Road in Troy a short time prior to the robbery.
Police recovered the ATV abandoned behind a residence near the bank.
Anyone who has seen this vehicle in the past is asked to call the Maryville Police Department at 618-344-8899.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview