The Jaco Report: March 3, 2013
(KTVI)-On the Jaco Report, are you feeling sequestered yet? Mammoth automatic federal spending cuts, known as sequestration, have taken effect. The Obama administration warns of deep reductions in everything from pentagon spending to head start programs. David Stokes, an analyst with the Show-Me Institute Policy, argues that it won’t be that bad. Is he right?
Plus, a gay Missouri state trooper dies in the line of duty. But the state of Missouri is denying his partner survivor’s benefits. Kelly Glossip is suing the MoDOT and the Missouri State Highway Patrol. He says his relationship with his partner, Dennis Engelhard, should entitle him to the state’s survival benefits. The case went to the Missouri Supreme Court this week. We examine the state’s reasons for denying the benefits.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash