Budget Ax Hits Military Benefits
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, IL (KTVI)– Federal budget cuts are already hitting active duty military members.
A popular tuition assistance benefit paying up to $4,500 a year was suspended this week because of sequestration.
Even if a budget deal is eventually worked out, the head of Scott Air Force Bases’ education program says he’s not sure the tuition money will be reinstated.
It’s important to note that the GI Bill is NOT impacted by sequestration. Here is a handy 2-page brochure explaining the benefits offered under the GI Bill.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash