Crowd Source Funding Saves Toy Store
EDWARDSVILLE, MO (KTVI) – A family-owned toy store that was set to close has been saved by donations by businesses and the community.
Just before Friday’s bank deadline at 5pm, on the verge of bankruptcy, the owners of “Once Upon A Toy” in Edwardsville told customers they’d soon close. That’s when local businesses stepped in to help raise money. An online petition was started to help raise the funds.
They’ve already surpassed their goal of $76,000 to help the store repay its loan. The tally this morning is more than $79,000.
Previous story: Online Petition & Business Donations Save Toy Store From Closing
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims