Crowd Source Funding Saves Toy Store
EDWARDSVILLE, MO (KTVI) – A family-owned toy store that was set to close has been saved by donations by businesses and the community.
Just before Friday’s bank deadline at 5pm, on the verge of bankruptcy, the owners of “Once Upon A Toy” in Edwardsville told customers they’d soon close. That’s when local businesses stepped in to help raise money. An online petition was started to help raise the funds.
They’ve already surpassed their goal of $76,000 to help the store repay its loan. The tally this morning is more than $79,000.
Previous story: Online Petition & Business Donations Save Toy Store From Closing
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota