Head-On Collision On I-70 Near Wright City Leaves One Dead
WRIGHT CITY, MO (KTVI) – A head-on collision involving three cars on westbound I-70 has left one person dead and one injured.
Jill Gunsten, 27, of St. Charles, was killed in the crash. Authorities said she swerved to avoid an animal and crossed the median on I-70.
She struck a vehicle driven by Leonard Gregis, 49, head on. He was in critical condition as of 10:45 p.m. Friday.
One of them was airlifted to Barnes and the other to Mercy.
The Missouri Highway Patrol says the accident happened around 3:30pm.
I-70 westbound was shut down during the evening commute but has since re-opened.
Austin Jones was driving on I-70 when a helicopter arrived.
“I saw them airlift the victims,” he said. “I have never seen anything like that before.”
Area traffic conditions: FOX2Now.com/Traffic
|This Week’s Mug Shots: 3/11/13||St. Charles Calendar Girl Search||Check out your neighborhood!||Pictures: 2013 Soulard Mardi Gras||Pictures: No Pants MetroLink Ride|
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media