Louisville, Michigan, Duke & Florida Advance to Elite 8 in NCAA Tourney
The Elite 8 is now set in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. Four more schools advanced with victories on Friday night. In the Midwest Region, Louisville beat Oregon 77 to 69. The Cardinals will next face Duke, who knocked out Michigan State with a 71-61 win over the Spartans.
In the South Region, 4th seed Michigan knocked off the top seed Kansas, 87-85 in overtime. The Jayhawks blew a 14 point second half lead. Michigan’s Trey Burke’s long three pointer sent the game to OT, where the Wolverines finally prevailed. Michigan will play Sunday against Florida. The Gators knocked out the Tournament;s Cinderella team, Florida Gulf Coast with 62-50 win over the 15th seeded Eagles.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon