Gay Man Arrested For Refusing To Leave Partner At KC Hospital
LEE’S SUMMIT, MO (WDAF) – Roger Gorley went to visit his partner at the Allen at Research Medical Center in Kansas City on Tuesday afternoon. According to WDAF his partner’s family member told him to leave. Gorley refused and hospital forcibly removed him and placed him in handcuffs.
The couple has been in a civil union for nearly five years and make medical decisions for each other. But, they are not legally recognized as a couple in the state of Missouri.
Research Medical Center sent out this release about the incident, “We believe involving the family is an important part of the patient care process. And, the patient`s needs are always our first priority. When anyone becomes disruptive to providing the necessary patient care, we involve our security team to help calm the situation and to protect our patients and staff. If the situation continues to escalate, we have no choice but to request police assistance.”
For the full story and video: FOX4KC.com
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon