ST. ANN, MO (KTVI) – A lineman was killed while working to restore power from area storm damage.
He was working in the 3500 block of San Jose at around 10:30am when he was electrocuted. He came in contact with a live wire and was transported to Depaul Hosital. He did not survive.
The victim worked for Ameren for 18 years.
The company put out the following statement about the incident, “It is with tremendous regret and deep sadness we report an Ameren Missouri co-worker sustained an electrical contact at 10:30 a.m. during storm restoration efforts. He was transported to the hospital; however, he did not survive. The Ameren family of employees offer heartfelt sympathy and support to the family and loved ones of our co-worker.”