Imo’s For Kids Day for Variety, The Children’s Charity
Imo’s classic thin crust pizza is a St. Louis culinary icon. Margie Imo, a lifetime member, is a Variety fund-raising icon. An early pioneer in our Corporate Sponsorship Programs, Margie demonstrated how partnerships between nonprofits and businesses can be successful and impactful.
Imo’s for Kids Day, in which 87 of Margie’s participating stores contribute 10 to 20% of their day’s sales to Variety, was one of the first-of-its-kind fundraisers in the nation. The program is an exemplary partnership model between nonprofit and for-profit organizations.
Margie also helps with public awareness campaigns designed to help families in need find Variety to obtain the assistance to help them with the challenges that raising a child with disabilities brings.
Her irrepressible personality continues to find new ways to bring Variety into people’s homes. Margie created the Variety Pizza Pack, which raises both funds and awareness. Pizza Queen Margie has even invited the Variety Kids to bake pizzas in her home’s special pizza kitchen.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway