OVERLAND, MO (KTVI) - Tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma are getting a little help from the Build-a-Bear workshop.
Former Build-A-Bear workshop employee, Vadon Willis, is originally from Moore, Oklahoma and survived the tornado in 1999.
After the most recent disaster, Willis wanted to help out his home town by driving supplies down to the site of the wreckage.
A simple Facebook post caught the attention of Build-A-Bear, as well as a friend of his who is an executive at Thyssenkrupp materials.
Thyssenkrupp donated an empty 53-foot trailer to transport the donated supplies.
The Build-A-Bear workshop headquarters offered their loading dock for a day to load the trailer.
Both companies collected donations for several days, and the effort has even branched out after the executive of Thyssenkrupp materials took things a step further and added donation drives to five other cities outside of St. Louis.
The headquarters in Overland is open on Wednesday until 8pm to accept donations.
Drop off donations here:
1954 Innerbelt Business Center Drive,
St. Louis, MO 63114
More info: https://www.facebook.com
They are looking for the following items:
- Non-Perishable food items (think PB&J, Granola Bars, Canned Goods, etc..)
- Individually Wrapped snacks
- Can Openers
- Alergy medication - Kids and Adults
- Ibuprofen - Kids and Adults
- Sunscreen / Aloe
- Icy Hot
- Diaper or Rash Cream
- RUBBERMAID CONTAINERS <--very important
- Large Ziplocks
- Aything that can push or pull - Wagons, Dollys, totes with wheels
- Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener
- Toilet Paper and Paper Towels
- Solo Cups
- Flashlights and Batteries
- Car Charges for phones
- Rain gear <---it rained 5 inches last night and will again.
- Work Gloves
- Work Boots
- Push Brooms
- Heavy Duty Trash Bags - Construction Trash Bags
- Eye Protection
- Ear Plugs
- Clorox Wipes
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Food
- Baby Formula
- Baby Bottles
- Toothpaste / Toothbruses
- Toiletries - Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant
- Feminine Hygene Products
- Gatorade - Smart Water (anything with electrolytes)
- Water (I have 5 pallets already so may not so much)
- Sleeping Bags
- Dry Dog food
- Dry Cat food
- Horse Feed - Hay
- Water BowlsSee More