BJC Hospitals To Lay-Off 160 Employees
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The BJC Hospital group began lay-offs on Wednesday. The hospital says the lay-offs are because there is a decline in in-patient care. They say this is because because people are delaying their care, some for lack of insurance, others because of high co-pays.
160 employees will be affected. Notifications started on Wednesday. They say most of the jobs are administrative and management positions. They will receive severance pay and the amount depends on years of service.
There are 13 Hospitals in the Barnes Jewish group:
- Alton Memorial Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Boone Hospital Center
- Christian Hospital
- Clay County Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
- Northwest HealthCare
- Parkland Health Center
- Progress West HealthCare Center
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital.