13-Year-Old Boy Sneaks Out Of House, Hit By Car
NORWOOD COURT, MO (KTVI) – St. Louis County Police say a 13-year-old autistic boy was hit by a car early Friday morning.
Officers said they got a call for help just before 3:00am Friday. They found the teen in the street. He had been hit by a Chevy Impala.
Paramedics rushed the child to St. Louis Children’s Hospital in critical condition. He had a broken jaw and head injuries, but he is expected to be okay.
According to police, witnesses said the boy was running in and out of traffic. Officers said the child left his home in nearby Northwoods. Police said the boy has a history of sneaking out of the house.
The driver stayed at the scene and cooperated with investigators.
The right lane of northbound Lucas and Hunt was closed for two hours while evidence technicians took pictures. Because of the victim’s age, detectives will determine if charges will be filed.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon