ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) – Have you tried grilling fruit? Carol Hurst stopped by from Olde Town Spice Shoppe to show Tim Ezell how easy it is to grill strawberries.
These tasty gems make a great appetizer or dessert.
These delicious gems are great as an appetizer or a dessert. The caramelized sugar brings a hint of sweetness, while the balsamic vinegar brings an unexpected, rich flavor.
1 package of strawberries, whole, with stems on
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar in a shallow bowl
3/4 cup raw sugar in a shallow bowl or plate (this is the chunky, brown stuff) (you can use Demerara or Turbinado)
Wash and pat dry the strawberries. Then take each strawberry and roll it in the balsamic all the way up to the stem, but do not get the stem wet.
Then take the wet strawberry and roll it in the sugar, coating it all around.
Place the sugared strawberries on a hot, lightly oiled grill pan our outside grill (no direct flame) for about 8 seconds on each side. You’re not trying to “cook” the strawberry- but rather, get the sugar to caramelize a little and to get grill marks on the strawberry. Enjoy!
Find our more: www.oldtownspices.com
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims