Thieves Target St. Louis Hotel Guests, Break Into Their Cars
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Some people visiting the St. Louis area are waking up to a rude surprise — their cars have been broken into. Break-ins are being reported at the Drury Inn Hotel at Interstate 44 and Hampton as well as the Millennium and Hyatt hotels downtown.
Witnesses at the Drury Inn says at least eight cars were broken into. One hotel guest visiting from out of town says around 3:00 a.m., he was awakened by hotel security to come outside because his car had been damaged.
A family from Arkansas who’s car was also broken into says they thought their car would be safe because they parked in a well-lit part of the parking lot of the Drury Inn.
Car break-ins were also reported at the Millennium and Hyatt in downtown St. Louis. It is unclear how many cars were hit at those hotels.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims