Forbes: St. Louis is a model tech hub for the nation
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) — What do Silicon Valley, Boston, Seattle, New York City and now St. Louis all have in common? They are all the nations biggest leaders in technology.
Forbes listed St. Louis as the role model for aspiring tech hubs Thursday, July 25th.
Founder and CEO of Varsity Tutors, Chuck Cohn said that he started his company six years ago in St. Louis. Remembering the challenge of finding local and talented entrepreneurs Cohn said “the St. Louis entrepreneurial ecosystem has come a long way.”
St. Louis has companies like Appistry, CrowdSource, LockerDome, and Bonfyre to thank for its emerging reputation, which are called “impressive venture-backed tech companies.”
Government officials also had a hand in putting St. Louis on the map as a leader in technology because they recently announced a plan to raise $100 million over five years to help technological business development.
To read the full article visit: Forbes.com
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead