Local Country Star Nick Nixon Passes
(KTVI) – Country music fans tonight are mourning the death of local singer and songwriter, Nick Nixon.
Nixon died Tuesday afternoon from a lung disease.
Born in Poplar Bluff, he later moved to the St. Louis area and burst on the country music scene in the 1960′s.
He signed with Mercury Records in the 70′s and scored more than a dozen top 100 hits.
Nixon leaves behind his wife, Kim and five children.
He was 74.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight