First students officially transfer from Normandy School District
ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) – After weeks of hand-wringing, the first students have officially transferred out of the troubled Normandy School District.
Hundreds of students and parents flocked to 18 schools in the Francis Howell School District, close to 20 miles away.
It’s expected that more than 2,000 students will transfer out of Normandy and Riverview Gardens schools; which also lost state accreditation, could cost the two struggling districts an estimated $23 million dollars.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims