Two dead after head-on accident in Metro East
BROOKLYN, IL (KTVI)– Brooklyn, Illinois police are investigating a terrible head-on collision that claimed the lives of both drivers, one from Missouri the other from Illinois.
It was supposed to be a night filled with fun and good times, but it ended tragically in Brooklyn, Illinois.
Morgan Bond says Dominique Hardin was driving her and her cousin Charisma Bond around 4:30 Sunday morning to a strip club in East St. Louis to celebrate Bond’s 28th birthday
Bond says they were on Route 3 in Brooklyn near the s curve, not far from the new Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge, when a mini-van crossed the center line and slammed into their car.
Bond says both vehicles were speeding. She says Harden was going 45 mph in a 35 zone.
Illinois state police have been called in to help with the investigation.
The driver of the mini-van, believed to be in his late thirties, is identified as Martez Milton of Centreville, Illinois.
Dominique’s family will be hosting a fundraiser to cover expenses on August 21 from 7pm-10pm at Skate City located at 2200 East Broadway in East St. Louis.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims