MoDOT starts construction to Arch grounds lid
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Monday MoDOT started the road construction to what will eventually change how traffic in downtown St. Louis gets on I-70 and how the Arch Grounds will connect to the City of St. Louis.
The construction will lead to a Park Over onto I-70 to allow access to the Arch Grounds.
Initial work will concentrate on the Martin Luther King Bridge, Washington Avenue and Memorial Drive between Pine and the MLK Bridge. Motorist will encounter lane closures under I-70 at MLK from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the daytime, but will be able to access the MKL Bridge.
In 2014, two weekend closures of I-7o downtown will occur to remove bridges, one in January and the other in April. April will also see traffic pattern changes in downtown on Memorial between Pine and the Popular Street Bridge. Crew will shift traffic from Market and Chestnut between the Archgraounds and Broadway.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash