ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Enrollment for the Affordable Care Act or “Obamacare” starts on October 1st. This means that you can enter into a federal or state insurance exchange.
Do you know what that means? Not many other people do either. A recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll shows that 51% of Americans don’t have enough information to understand how the law will affect them.
This new and complex healthcare law will affect every American. On January 1, 2014 major parts of the law like the individual mandate and the pre-existing conditions clause will be implemented. This means that insurers will no longer be allowed to refuse coverage to anyone, even if they are in poor health.
- MOHealthReport.com – This is a Post Dispatch website
- Are you ready for Obmacare? Watch this video
- Obama-Care Insurance Premium Calculator
- CoverMissouri.org – MO Foundation for Health
If you don’t have internet, Cover Missouri also has a phone line you can call.
- Individuals Call: 1-800-318-2596
- People who need hearing assistance: 1-855-889-4325.
- Small Businesses: 1-800-706-7893
- Small Businesses heairng impaired: 1-800-706-7915