Despite legends, Sleepy Hollow is a real town
(FOX)-FOX’s new show “Sleepy Hollow” will be bringing the scares to televisions around the country starting on Monday night. But many may not know that Sleepy Hollow is a real historical town just twenty miles north of New York City.
The quiet town along the Hudson River was made famous thanks to the haunted tales of Washington Irving. Irving was born and lived in Tarrytown, just south of Sleepy Hollow. His stories brought the world characters like Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years