(KTVI) – Chris says the weather this weekend should be picture perfect for outdoor activities. Jump in the car and take a drive to Augusta, Missouri. They’re having their 10th Annual Harvest Festival on Saturday.
Joann Milster from the Cast Iron Smokehouse talks about the many events for the whole family. The festival runs from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and kicks off with a big pancake breakfast, a parade, art, pony rides, farmer’s market. Get more details at Augusta-Missouri.com.
7:00am – 11:00am Pancake breakfast at UCC
9:00am – 5:00pm Rock-A-Thon for Camp Mo-Val at UCC
10:00am Kids Harvest Parade through town
10:30am YOGA for Kids
10:45am Children`s Hands on Art Activities with Awards
11:30am Pie Baking Contest and Pie Walks
11:00am to 5:00 pm Meet and watch the Artists and Artisans
1:00pm – 4:00pm Pony rides and Bounce House
11:00am – 5:00pm Enjoy a Taste of Historic Augusta at the Greater Augusta
Farmer`s Market & Food Court
Hand Pies Recipe by the Cast Iron Smokehouse
What you’ll need:
Pulled pork with a dry rub
Fontina cheese pieces
1lb Cream Cheese
– prepare your cream cheese dough by mixing the cream cheese butter and flour and cutting into circles. (This will make a lot of dough. You can half the dough recipe).
– Use a dry rub on the pulled pork and mix with chopped bacon. — Add fontina cheese pieces
– Put pull pork mixture onto dough circles
– use egg wash on the dough, fold and seal.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
You can also use other meats including chicken and beef.