Child drowns in downtown hotel pool, twin in critical condition
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – A nine-year-old is fighting for his life after nearly drowning in a Downtown hotel pool. His brother did drown. St. Louis Police believe it was an accidental drowning.
A nine-year-old boy was swimming in the Pear Tree Inn by Drury indoor pool Saturday afternoon with his twin brother. The St. Louis Fire Department reports both boys were pulled from the water, and civilians began CPR. When firefighters and paramedics arrived they took over the CPR and rushed the children to a hospital.
One boy was pronounced dead. The second child is in critical unstable condition.
The pool is adjacent to the hotel lobby and has a depth of four to five feet. The hotel in the 2200 block of Market is owned by the Drury Hotels Corporation.
Saturday night Drury Hotels issued a statement extending its condolences to the family.
“We are aware of this tragic situation. We are working with police and medical personnel to find out the specifics of what happened. Our condolences go out to the family, friends and loved ones of those involved.” David Ziegler, Division Director
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview