Man arrested for public indecency outside high school
BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI)–A man has been arrested for public indecency outside a high school dance.
Police say around 8:15 p.m. Saturday during the Belleville East High School homecoming dance, officers who were working security at the event were alerted by students of a suspicious person in a vehicle on the parking lot of Belleville East near West Boulevard.
Students described the male suspect as wearing makeup and a pink dress. The students believed the individual was involved in lewd conduct in the vehicle.
Officers located a male suspect seated in his vehicle on the parking lot matching the description provided by the students. Officers made contact with the suspect and identified him as Curtis J. Hutchings of Pinckeyville, IL.
It was determined that Hutchings had no legal ground to be on school property, and officers located items in plain view that verified the possibility of lewd conduct described by students.
Hutchings was taken into custody and charged with one count of Public Indecency. Bond was set at $50,000.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media