Man targeting sex offenders with pipe bombs indicted by grand jury
SHILOH, IL (KTVI) – A Shiloh man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for possessing pipe bombs.
Justin Vangilder, 24, is accused of having three unregistered explosive devices. The charges carry a maximum penalty of a decade in prison, $10,000 fine and three yearrs of probation.
Vangilder is an active duty airman man who works at Scott Air Force Base. According to the criminal complaint, his goal was to kill local child molesters and to, “to inflict as many casualties as possible.” He had some local addresses when police arrested him at his home in early October.
Shiloh man charged in plot to kill registered sex offenders
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park