Severe weather kills 2 in New Minden, IL
NEW MINDEN, IL (KTVI) – The Washington County Coroner’s Office in Illinois has confirmed two deaths attributed Sunday’s EF4 tornado that touched down in the New Minden area.
Joseph R. Hoy, 80 and his sister Frances J. Hoy were killed Sunday as a result of a tornado that touched down in the New Minden, IL. area. The Hoy’s lived on a farm in the 14000 block of Eagle Road that was completely destroyed.
Josephs Hoy died from massive head trauma, he was located in a field about 100 yards from his home. His sister Frances died at the Washington County Hospital, from injuries suffered from the tornado.
- Two killed in Wentzville motorcycle crash; school buses delayed
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight