Jingle Bells? Kmart’s new ad raising eyebrows

Posted on: 7:23 am, November 19, 2013, by , updated on: 08:08am, November 19, 2013

kmart(YOUTUBE) -KMart has been pushing the envelop with commercials over the last year. But this time, some people think they’ve gone too far.

The latest commercial running online is called “Show Your Joe”.  It was unveiled on Monday and features six men wearing Joe Boxer and thrusting their midsections to the tune of “Jingle Bells”.

Some people find the ad offensive, but others say it’s just silliness.  What do you think?

• STL says:

This is one uptight world we live in today. People just complain about every little thing.

• I totally agree. There is nothing wrong with this, in fact I find it amusing. If they can show Victoria Secrets show on TV I would consider this ad not offensive at all. People need to chill out.

• red says:

Love how the article says they are thrusting their midsections, no they aren’t they are swinging their hips. This is a cute advertisement and I have seen a lot worse on regular tv that involve women. People life is to short to be so uptight!

• Tracy says:

I don’t find it offensive but it is stupid

• This just shows how much we have lost sight of what Christmas is all about

• I like it.There covering up more then the Victoria Secret commercials .

• RIP says:

Kudos to K-mart! The fact it is being discussed at all is a HUGE success.

• C Martinez says:

Success in the marketing world. Everyone is talking about Kmart.

• Barb says:

Get a life!!

• Barb says:

Great Job Kmart

• theresa says:

How would this be to far? Half of the commercials on TV now are all about women half naked to sell whatever they’re selling whether it be food to clothes or cars. So if they can put up ads ext. With half naked woman why can we do the same with guys u don’t here people getting mad about the half naked women so why now cuz its men? People just need to get over them self its not like they’re trying to offend people they’re trying to make a good commercial and that it was

• joe spatola says:

dad is going to bed soon I have homosexual tendencies you’re taking off the air. and I will never shop at Kmart

• Ashley says:

its really stupid to get all worked up over a commercial beside by giving the commercial so much attention your just helping kmart not hurting it im a girl and i dont find this commercial very offensive my brothers saw it last night and they are in there 20′s and they just laughed then started dancing in their boxers my dad came home from work and watched some tv and seen the commercial and then decided what he was getting my brothers for christmas so i have to say that its not that offensive! and im young

• Victor says:

The commercial is stupid and Kmart is stupid. [sidenote: try letting people decide for themselves whether or not it is offensive. You're entitled to your own opinion and so are they.]

• Carolyn says:

Hallmark has neat kids musical Christmas gifts…. Kmart needs to do the same with this but for adults . Would make a perfect polyanna gift.

• April says:

not a good commercial to view you have young children seeing these men doing jingle bells with there ding-f-dongs.

• Betty doss says:

I think it is disgusting and vulgar no one looking at this is thinking about boxers I think it’s not approximate or cute

• Rose says:

Go Kmart!! Some people still trying to be goody two shoes. This was fun and different. I loved it! Only gutter minded people would find it offensive. It’s a new day people..lighten up!

• Miss Rose says:

I’m 84 and couldn’t believe my eyes when I first saw this commercial and then started laughing and still laugh every time I think of it. I agree that it is not as offensive as the Victoria Secret ads…now they are offensive and demeaning of women.