Tilles Park horse dies while pulling carriage

Posted on: 6:27 pm, December 23, 2013, by

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A sad event at a most unfortunate time:  that is what most are calling the death of a carriage horse Saturday night in the middle of the Winter Wonderland Christmas Light display in Tilles Park.

A witness in the carriage the horse was pulling tells Fox 2 the animal began acting strangely a few minutes after pulling into the light display, then fell.  The horse died moments later.

Jerry Kirk, the owner of Brookdale farms who provides the carriages, says the horse essentially had a heart attack.  He got the call moments after it happened.

“Obviously you get the big lump in your throat and want to see what’s going on.  Of course I’m right there on site, and I had personally just loaded the people on the carriage like four minutes prior to that.”

The horse, named King, was 22 year old Clydesdale.  Kirk purchased him four years ago, possibly saving him from going to slaughter.  He had reached a fairly advanced age for a horse so large.  Kirk says King had shown no signs of distress, and was only worked a couple of days a week due to his age.  He was also checked regularly by a veterinarian, just like all the horses at the stable.

“The thing about these draft horses is they live to do this.  That’s what they’re bred for.  That’s what they’re here for.  They love their work. They love to be out in the public.  They get all the attention.”

County officials say the incident was simply unavoidable.

Acting Parks Director Tom Ott issued a statement saying, “According to eyewitness accounts, the horse stopped, stretched and went down of an apparent heart attack. We are saddened by the loss of this beautiful animal but truly believe it died of natural causes.

“St. Louis County Parks works with Brookdale to ensure that the horses are being taken care of and aren’t in danger, especially during inclement weather.  Our parks staff makes sure roads are cleared of any snow or ice, and we have even cancelled the event on occasions when roads would put the public or the horses in danger. During Winter Wonderland at Tilles Park thousands of carriage rides are provided each year, and this is only the second time in our 28 years of the event that a horse has been lost.”

In this case, Kirk says it appears to have just been the horse’s time.

“Anytime you have animals sometimes things like this will happen.  And when it does happen in this kind of a situation it’s really, really bad.  It’s bad for us. It’s bad for the public. It’s bad for the people there.  But it’s just a part of life.”

We spoke to the Missouri Humane Society, and officials there also say the death appears to have been of natural causes.  No one we spoke to is alleging any sort of wrongdoing.

• Marty H says:

I live by Tilles & drive by there often. The horses always seem exhausted & it’s usually only one horse with a big carriage carry a bunch of people. I’ve often wondered how the horses are treated & if they are given breaks between rides. Natural causes or not, I think that’s a lot of work for one horse all night.

• Josh says:

I was on the carriage. The horse’s name was king and he was pulling my girlfriend and her sister and her sisters boyfriend including myself. All these mean comments need to stop. He was not abused or neglected. He was a strong horse he was just old. This whole incident is sad. King was loved. And the people who work there were visably saddened but oh age to commend them on the professionalism with which they handled this. And while it may seem like a lot of work to us, horses are stronger and enjoy pulling it. As sad as it is I personally am grateful it happened to us and not some family with small children. These horses are very well cared for, so if all the rude comments would please stop, I’m sure many people, including myself, would really appreiate this. And be realistic people if these horses weren’t well cared for do you really think that this would only be the second time and 28 years that this is happened

• Paul Flotron says:

I entirely disagree with you. Horse carriage rides need to be eliminated from every event. You are entirely mistaken.

• Josh says:

I’m entirely mistaken? I’m sorry I guess you’re right. I was just there. I saw him and watched how he died but yeah your right I am entirely mistaken because I clearly have no clue what I’m talking about. Not like I was there or anything

• Judy says:

Sir. you need a little more education about horses. They live to work, just like a retriever dog lives to retrieve, a pointer to point. a cat to catch a mouse, a trotter to trot and a barrel racer to race. Can I say more?
        and I’d also like to add God loves his creations and that horse will definitely be well rewarded.

• Lucy says:

Dude, you are just trying to justify that your actions resulted in the horse dying.

This poor horse was saved my slaughter, to instead, go into slavery. Would have been better off being slaughtered.

Folks, find another source of entertainment.

• Tim says:

You need to get educated about horses. You don’t put a 22 year old horse in that situation. Is it really that hard to figure out??

• tj says:

That Horse was too old, it should have been retired. I have owned horses all my life. When they reach of 15 years they are to be retired. It is like having a 100 year old person still working, which they do sometimes but need plenty of rest

• Debbie Kelly says:

In that case, everything in my barn except the yearling filly needs to be retired and I’d best get her broke at 2 so I have enough years to ride her. Hello! My 17 year old Tennessee Walking Horse mare, 17 year old grade QuarterHorse mare, and 14 year old Mustang mare are sound and in work and they’ll stay in work until they can no longer do the job. You must either sell horses a lot or have a lot of 15 year old “pensioners” in your barn

• Debbie Kelly says:

The folks on the Olympic Team need to pay attention too. They don’t even start a horse at Prix de St Georges dressage until they’re over 12!

• Keepalowprofile says:

Thank you, Josh. Very well said.

• Josh, when you’re 80 would you like to have to work like this elderly horse did? Horses deserve much better treatment than this. They are so noble, they have been mankind’s best friend throughout history.

• pat ler says:

Terrible. Poor horse may be bred for this. But I think at 22 shouldbe grazing. Not pulling a heavy ca rriage full of people.

• TLH says:

A carriage with a few people in it is not a heavy load for any horse, much less for a Clydesdale. It’s hard to believe there are so many fools posting comments to the contrary.

I guarantee that the owners and caretakers of these animals care far more for their health and safety than most of you yuppies.

• pat ler says:

R.I.P. King.

• rosewine says:

He may have lived on site but he wasn’t on ‘the road’ with these horses… I’ve seen them very exhausted out there working – working – working… they are pushed past limits just for the sake of $$… plus it’s too cold for an older horse and he was pulling too much weight… there should be STRICTER much STRICTER rules and more humane treatment!

• Michelle says:

Actually Rosewine it was Also his job to Load all of the horses and personally take them downtown every time they worked so you obviously don’t know what ur talking about. The circumstances are sad that this happened but I personally know for a fact that some companies overwork and don’t care about the Animals but Brookdale is Not nor EVER has been one of those Companies. Every single person that works there I personally know and they Love Horses / Animals and they Love and Care for Them. So get ur Facts right before u Blast a Company.

• Cary says:

I really think that people who know nothing about horses need to kindly keep their negative comments to yourselves these horses r very well cared for they are happy and enjoy what they do these animals are treated with so much love and support and this particular horse was getting more than sufficient vet care because he was older but saying he shouldn’t be allowed to pull the carriage anymore is like saying o ur old sit in that chair and so nothing else for the rest of ur life to put this horse in a stable and wait for h to die would have been a huge injustice for him rip king

• kris says:

RIP King, you died a proud death doing what you were breed to do. Pull on old friend.

• Mudbone says:

A 22-year-old draft horse of any breed in good health is too old to be worked as hard as they work them at Tilles Park (I know how that is–I have driven a carriage there for another company). It’s a constant hours-long slog. In my experience, the drivers (who usually work for tips) attempt to maximize the number of rides they take through the park, and keep the horses going as fast as they can. I also have to say (although I never saw poor old King), that the horses in this video are poorly conformed for hard work — they look more like “show” draft type.

• Carriage driver says:

Get your facts straight before leveling accusations at the owner and drivers. We all have are favorite horses we drive and most all drivers bring a bag a carrots for the horse they drive. There were many tears shed for King. He was the horse in the barn who whinnied when the others were being loaded ton the trailer to go tto work. He loved to work and usually you had to hold him back. Give him the respect a working horse deserves, he was a Nobel proud animal.

• Animal Lover says:

At his age he should of been retired! Whether or not he was in good health, you wouldnt force a healthy 90 year old person to work would you? All of the carriage horses Ive seen from their, look over worked. Yes they are bred to pull and are probly happy at first, but they need a break!

• Keepalowprofile says:

Thank you Carriage driver.

I just lost my 22 y/o horse june 2012 he was fine one minute and gone the next. I know how fast and unexpected it can happen.

RIP King.

• Cathy Panus says:

I hope they do a necropsy on this horse to make sure of the cause of death. I know big draft horses are bred to pull – That’s their “job”. But I wonder if like dogs, the bigger they are the shorter their life expectancy. If that is so, maybe a review of their “jobs” and health is in order.

• Michelle says:

Shut the Hell up Linda u sound like a Dumbass.

• Jenny says:

Rip king. I own working animals, and I will let them work until they let me know they are done. For all of you talking sideways about something you DO NOT understand, you sound ignorant. When an animal has a job and loves it, it’s like toucher not to let them work. To the woman who says the horses ‘hang their heads low’ here’s an idea before you make negative judgments and make yourself look like a fool, learn body language. When a horses head is down it’s because he is relaxed and comfortable. Get it right. That guy died doing what he loved to do, rest in peace big boy..

• Becca says:

Well said! I’m betting most of these negative comments come from people that have never owned or worked with a horse, and they are completely uneducated of anything about them.

• Paul Flotron says:

Most if not all of comments you are making and others contained within this story are that of people making the grave error of interjecting their own believes, which are not infallible onto animals. Overlaying and interjecting human emotions onto accurate truths of an animal. Quite audacious and unfortunate. I would suggest speaking to well-respected veterinarians and respected veterinary behaviorists such as Dr. Debra Horwitz before making any comments. All animals should be treated with utmost respect, love and care.

• Tony G. says:

So the bleeding hearts want to let these animals rot away as pets, earning no keep. Exactly who pays to prevent them from being sent to the slaughterhouse and rendering plant if they don’t produce?

I suppose the concept of welfare and free healthcare for animals is next.

Silly city people thinking food just comes from the grocery store, electricity magically appears at the wall outlets, and government bennies aren’t bought w/ money stolen through tax theft.

• Another Horse Owner says:

Such compassion!!! Wow. I know your ilk, so I know there won’t be any changing of your mind and it would be an exercise in futility to try, but I just felt the need to respond.
      I currently have two horses. One is a 7 year old with many years to go. My other one is 26. My 26 year old has been retired for the last 3 years due to arthritis. After 23 years of service to the human race, I believe he is owed a retirement. He is turned out daily with my 7 year old, loved on and I keep him comfortable through regular vet care and medication. Should the time come that I can no longer afford to care for him, I will have him humanely put down. My belief is, this is what every owner should do after a horses years of service. It’s what they are owed. Their lives should not end with sheer terror simply because somebody wants to save a buck.
      You characterize a horse not working as rotting away as a pet. Well, my 26 year old is pretty happy for something rotting away.
      As for the rest of your ridiculous post, why do you people have to politicize EVERYTHING and attack? I am truly amazed. It does not matter the subject and it doesn’t matter how far the stretch to make it fit some political agenda.

• Jim says:

Hi driver hope you r doing fine sorry for your loss Jimmy

• Donna says:

I love animals yet I donot know much about horsesI am sad to know King died and i pray he is at peace. God loves animals also big and small.

• Josh says:

Carriage driver as I had said I was on kings carriage when he died and I would just like to express my condolences. You could tell by the way he stood he truly loved his job. And died doing what he loved and he knew it. I’m just glad it was quick, and that it was us and not small children. I have to commend you guys on your professionalism in handling this sad situation please pass that on to the others for me. For everyone else the carriage drivers were visibly saddened would they really have been sad if they did not care about the horses and only cared about money? Use your brains people. If these horses weren’t cared for and really were always exhausted this would happen more than once. This is why we didn’t want the news to become involved with this. King doesn’t deserve this drama. He does proud. And I know, I saw it. All you people saying the things your saying. Just think before you speak.

• Josh says:

He died proud*

• Debbie Kelly says:

First, I don’t live there but I know drafts. If the horse “stopped and stretched” before he died, he mostly likely died of an anuerysm. That could have happened in his stall. Aneurysms are not usually caused by excessive work–they’re caused by a weakness in the wall of the aorta(the largest artery in the body) that an individual is born with.
    Secondly, standing in my pasture right now is a 25 year old Shire. The Shire is the largest breed of draft horse in the world. She is 100% healthy and worked up until the time she was 23 and was too lame to be a police horse anymore(arthritis).
    Finally, for all of you that have “seen the horses being mistreated”–if that is so, why didn’t you speak up? Why didn’t you raise a whole lot of fuss? Did you just shake your head, turn away, and forget about what you saw? If so, you cannot speak now–you lost that right when you chickened out by not getting involved if you saw something wrong.

• Lish says:

Draft horses are WORK horses. They are bred for this. Some of you should step away from your sheltered West County lives and learn something more than Starbucks and Miley Cyrus. Making uneducated comments about something you don’t know about makes YOU look like the idiot. So just stop.

• Shelly says:

Google it – The average age for a Clydesdale to pass on is early twenties. King was 22.

6.5 human years is equal to one horse year. So that’s equal to a 143 year old human.

“He was a strong horse he was just old” – wow. OLD. Then they should have RETIRED the horse! My horse is 34 years old and you get to a point where you let him relax and do whatever he wants to do. You stop riding him and let him live life comfortably.

I suppose King and all the others have to earn their “keep” since the feed and shoes are so pricey.

Everyone knows tons of money is made this time of year off the carriage rides at Tilles Park. I’ve been there. I’ve seen the horses. Those rides are booked back-to-back. The horses are holding their heads down not because they are content, but because they are tired/exhausted.

But they keep them going. Like they are machines.

I hope the parks department considers using trolleys instead of using animals in the future.

Hopefully the death of King and the mention of the other horse that died at Tilles Park is a wakeup call to the parks department and anyone who considers booking a carriage ride in the future.

• Lish says:

Working a few hours a day a couple days a week is exercise for any horse. That is how you get maximum life out of any living animal, humans included, is regular exercise. Shelly, I expect more out of someone who owns horses. 2 deaths in 28 years. Pretty remarkable. You are at greater odds dying in a car accident. According to you, should people not drive their cars because there is probability you could die? Don’t be ridiculous.

• Tish you are 100% correct. 2 deaths in 28 years is a FANTASTIC record and much better than ANY other horse activity can boast including just trail riding. Guess what? I LOAN a few of my own carriage horses to Brookdale farm every year because they want to ensure plenty of time off and breaks for their regular horses.Mine benefit from the exercise during a time of the year they would not be getting it here, and yes it is absolutely good for them. I do not get paid for loaning them my horses I do it for the good of my animals, and they absorb the cost of coming clear to central Arkansas to pick them up for the good of theirs. I do not loan my horses to just anybody either. Brookdale farms has an excellent reputation within the industry and are well known for the quality care of their animals. Mine are always returned to me in A-1 condition.

• Leslie says:

I have been fortunate enough to have 3 horses that have lived well into their 30′s.
    I like to think of horses as athletes. “A body in motion stays in motion”. I have seen drafts be put out to “pasture”, they become overweight, loose muscle. When these massive horses are out to pasture they roll, they goof off. They often lay down to sun, when they try to get up, their back snap. Drafts are meant to work. As owners of such grand animals we have responsibility to care for then properly!!

• Buddy says:

I think what is really sad, is the fact that this story has 40 comments, and the one right next to it has zero. A man brutally murdered his wife, and no one seems to be passionate enough about that to leave a comment. But a poor older horse dies of natural causes and all hell breaks loose!~ Everyone is suddenly an animal expert, and knows what is best for an animals they probably have ZERO experience with.
    Sad statement on society as a whole….

• Debbie Kelly says:

That’s a blanket statement. I have a mare in my barn who gets me intimate with dirt on a regular basis–I’m pretty sure she doesn’t want me up there when she does that because she can buck like a rodeo bronc. After I hit the ground, she stands there and looks at me, I swear, in triumph. On the other hand, the Shire mare, the TWH, the QH grade mare all carry me quite contentedly.

• ByeByeToTheRite says:

Look, even on a subject like this we Americans are bitterly divided. You have extremists on both ends, too: “We never should work horses” and “Horses LOVE to pull carriages and work” – two EXTREME views with, as usual, little middle ground. The truth, the answer, IS somewhere in the middle: I think we DO work these horses TOO hard, and the extreme postings here saying that’s just fine are usually from rural people who profit from working these horses to death (literally) – sure beats doing any work themselves! Yet, horses ARE bred to work, and have for centuries since man tamed them, so it’s kinda silly to think these horses should never work and be treated like humans. In this case, I think this horse was too old to do this much work, yet a younger horse would have cost the rural hick who profits from these rides more money, eating into his easy profits off the back of the horse (literally again). Overall, I agree with the last post, but for somewhat different reasons – these extremist, conflicting views are a sad statement on society as a whole these days. “United We Stand. Divided We Fall.” I guess that’ why we’re falling.

• Debbie Kelly says:

How do you know the driver or owner of the horse was a “hick”? Because he lived outside the city? I have a horse farm outside what the folks here call a “major metropolitan area”. I am not a hick. I am a horse trainer. A horse in good health can work at the age of 22. You are making the assumption that the horse died of overwork because of its age and, apparantly, because of who owned it. I think you city folks need to calm down and get all the facts before you attack country folks. The horse probably, from the description of the behavior of the horse and from how fast it died, died of an aortic aneurysm–that is inherited and is not caused by work. He could have just as easily dropped dead in his stall.

• Another Horse Owner says:

ByeBye, for the most part, I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying. The truth is somewhere in the middle and I personally am suspending judgement because I wasn’t there and I have not personally seen the condition of the horse prior to his death. If a horse is sound and healthy, there is no reason it can not continue to work into advanced age. There was an Arabian that competed in Endurance riding events and competed well into its thirties. What I find hysterical about your comment though, is your language, after everything else you said, towards the operators of these businesses. You advocate moderation and then, you become extreme. I have a friend who owns a trail string in So Cal. She LOVES every one of her horses. She is not rich, she will never be rich in this business, but she loves what she does and she loves the horses. Her money goes to regular vet care for every horse, along with buying the best feed she can, she buckets her horses every night, if equipment becomes worn it is replaced, horses that require chiropractic work, get it. All of this, to keep the horses healthy and able to work costs money. So don’t paint all operators as backwood hicks who only care about making money off the backs of horses at the expense of the horse. Are there some out there that can be characterized that way? I am sure there are, because I know of some and I despise them and their treatment of their animals. I don’t know the operators who owned King. I can only go by what has been said by those who do and hope it is the truth because they sound from those like caring owners. This was an unfortunate event and I am always saddened at the passing of an animal, especially horses. R.I.P. King

• Keepalowprofile says:

@byebye
      “” sure beats doing any work themselves!””

Really? Do you have any idea at all how much work is involved in caring for horses. I own a small rescue and I work from sun up to sun down making sure they all have what they need. You should stop being judgmental about things you know nothing about. Just like people, Some work to an older age and some stop early at a younger age. There is no set age and certainly no way to predict in advance of this horses death. He was doing what he liked to do up to the minute he died. Not many of us can say that in this world.
      Not only did this give the horse a job doing what he loved to do, People that, wouldn’t normally get to experience riding in a carriage or even see a horse in person got to enjoy it.

• These elephants are treated horribly, the fact that they are forced to carry midgets as they fight to the death disgusts me. We need stricter regulations concerning pachyderm midget death fights.

• horseowner says:

what they heck! almost no one here knows the horse or the situation ! every horse is different and each situation is different , why is this such a huge deal? we had an 18 year old horse that had to be put down due to complications generally caused by age , we have a 22 year old horse that looks and acts like a 5 year old . We have a 17 year old horse that if you hook the trailer up and go to leave with out him he runs the fence nickering and having a fit , you cant tell me he does not want to be ridden and worked ! he loves it and actually gets in trouble if you don’t take him , opening stall doors, packing buckets around , throwing buckets at you , that kind of thing .. no one knows what really happened , This horse may or may not have loved what he was doing , IF he was only worked a few hours a day , was in no pain , and was worked lightly there is no reason that it would not be good for him , it may have even kept him moving and extended the time that he was alive and had a good life . think of an elderly person , in some cases they have a lot in common , if they stop moving , exercising , and seeing other places and things they give up , they hurt more , and they die sooner , if they stay moving at least some they are in better spirits , hurt less and live longer . now if this fellow had arthritis or hurt , yes he should be been retired , but if he did not hurt and was in good health , why not let him get out and do some light work ?

• ItsMeSpringfield says:

I am so sorry to hear of this. Let me start by saying that I am not a horse trainer, I do not work with horses, and I’ve probably been near a horse three times in my life. I’m wondering why people are in such an uproar about this, when even the Missouri Humane Society says that the poor horse’s death was *Natural Causes*. Even the last sentence of the article is telling. “No one we spoke to is alleging any sort of wrongdoing.”
    Having a horse die while “on the job” twice in the last 28 years I think is quite amazing. it shows that the people around them are caring for the horses. People who *were there* are saying that it was obvious that the horses were cared for, and the death took a toll on the drivers.
    Why would you want to make this into something sinister, when it’s just not? It’s unfortunate that animals die, but they do.
    Please, this is hard enough for the people that loved that horse. Don’t make it harder for them.

• Draft +5 owner says:

Wow! as a horse owner including an 18H draft..I hope & pray when its time to lose 1 of my 6 hoofed kids they go quick & peaceful like King…instead of in pain due to colic! Yup, colic, a threat a horse & owner live w/ every day of their life & caused by something as little as a big barometric change in weather …a few facts: a 22 year old draft is a senior capable of work based on health history not age, horses nicker at their herd mates when separated to be included with the herd..it is their security in the world, not a desire “to go to work,” & last humans frequently place human emotion/thoughts on domestic animals, thank you Jerry Kirk for keeping King out of the hands of kill buyers & Blessings to other horse owners!

• Sherry from Franklin Co. says:

Maybe working the horse was than the horse being slaughtered, but he was worked to his death and I don’t think anyone will disagree with that statement. I believe the horse should have been retired and not working at all. Especially working in the coldest of weather pulling a heavy wagon.

• tangledvine says:

“The thing is, these horses live to do this. They love this. They get all the attentions. That’s what they live for.” Well, Mr. Kirk, I think you should let ME write YOUR obituary. I can sling shit too.

• Margaret Creamer says:

I own/operate a 1 carriage business in a Texas tourist town. I have 2 Belgian mares which I alternate on my carriage. I have owned horses since I was 6 years old and Love this business! I treat my girls very well, my whole life revolves around them. I often let them decide who gets to work and one always volunteers! Yes we work harder in Dec than any other time but we take Jan off and the horses still eat. If I didn’t do this I could not afford horses and my girls would go elsewhere, very probably to a bad situation or death. Everyone in town knows how much I love my horses and how well I care for them and are very happy I am here. I would be devastated if this happened to one of mine but it would not stop my business. RIP King

• Margaret Creamer says:

Has anyone who thinks pulling a carriage is cruel ever looked at the horse racing business? Many, many horses die every year for people’s entertainment. Many horses are broken down and put down! I worked in the industry when I was young and it is VERY cruel! Get your facts strait people!

• rg520bike says:

That is so sad…….

• Larry says:

Animals are not humans and it would be wrong to treat them as humans. They love pulling the carriages. Animals and people die.

• Carriage Driver says:

I dont think you understand hoe much money goes back into theses horses, horse shoes 275( a set with special protection from slipping, pads for comfort every 7 weeks), extremely good alfalfa hay 100 a big bale(we go through a lot of hay), grain made with specifications theses guys need for their individual body’s and ages (king was on equine senior and rice bran along with a senior horse supplement roughly 25 a day) vet check up every couple of months, vaccinations, that’s to name a little bit, not to mention the stalls cleaned daily and he fact they come to town in a air ride equipped semi.
    Do they make money ? Yes! Are the owner and drivers rich ? HA far from it but we do it cause we like working with these big great, noble creatures. Are face books are clogged with pictures of these big wondrous work partners. We treat them like they are our own horses. If you don’t like it is America and No one is making you patronize he carriage business ,

• Matt says:

they love pulling carriages? huh?

• Larry you fuckstick. They love it?? It may not be right to anthromorphosize them but its never wrong to treat them well.

• Take it from a horse trainer you don’t put a 22 year old horse pulling a heavy wagon especially in cold weather – Had this horse been retired he’d still be living – Now who wants to debate with me on this subject, I’ll really give you some history and knowledge about equines??????

• Tim says:

Someone should tie you to a wagon and make you work til your heart gave out….after all, you’re ‘”just an animal.”

• Renee says:

hear! hear!

• Debbie Kelly says:

Oh goody, another horse trainer! Wanna debate equine psysiology? Bring it

• Ricky, I agree with you. That poor horse should have been retired and eating hay in some nice warm barn.

• Carriage Driver says:

exactly My Thoughts Debbie Kelly, bring it on … Seriously any one who leads with “horse trainer” makes me shake my head and walk away… No time for that. I work for the company and work with these horses and while it is a business these animals are well cared for. I treat them like I do my own.
    Not to mention I have personally seen 2 horses not carriage horses one was a 11 year old quarter horse cutting horse fall dead while in competition, Necropsy was done and he had a heart attack.
    The other was on a competitive trail ride and was a 8 year old Arabian gelding same thing one minute fine one minute gone.
    Further more the human society is with us and backing us 100% on this..