Social Media Highs and Lows of 2013
(KTVI)- The year 2013 is about to come to an end and it is time to look back. That includes looking back at what happened in social media, something used by the majority of Americans in one way or another. What were the highs? What were the lows? What are the trends?
In January, Twitter introduced Vine. In June, Instagram launched video sharing, to compete with the growing use of Vine.
Teens started moving away from Facebook and moving towards Instagram, Snapchat and Tumblr.
Hashtags secured mainstream status when they were used in a lot of February Superbowl ads.
Oh, and Twitter became publicly traded stock, filing for an initial public offering of stock in September.
Want more from our social media guy, follow Chris Reimer on Twitter
More coverage of social media:
Video Comes To Instagram
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash