Man killed after trapped in grain elevator near Red Bud, IL
(KTVI)– The Randolph County Sheriff’s Department is investigating after a farmer was killed in an accident on the family farm.
Emergency crews were called to the 6900 block of Griggs Road about 11:30 Monday morning.
When they arrived, they discovered 44-year old Jeffery H. Guebert had fallen into a grain bin.
Firefighters cut holes in the bin to empty it in a desperate attempt to retrieve Guebert.
His body was recovered by late afternoon.
At this point, there’s no word how he fell into the bin.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search